Purpose of Loan
- For pursuing higher studies, in India & Abroad
- The student should be an Indian National.
- Should have secured admission to a higher education course in recognized institutions in India or Abroad through Entrance Test/ Merit Based Selection process after completion of HSC(10 plus 2 or equivalent).
- Where there is no entrance test/merit based selection process and admission is purely based on the marks scored in qualifying examinations, the student should have scored minimum 50% marks in qualifying examination. (10% relaxation for SC/ST categories)
Nature of Facility
Expenses considered for loan
- Fee payable to college/ school/ hostel
- Examination/ Library/ Laboratory fee
- Travel expenses/ passage money for studies abroad
- Insurance premium for student borrower, if applicable
- Caution deposit, Building fund/refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/receipts.
- Purchase of books/ equipment's/ instruments/ uniforms
- Purchase of computer at reasonable cost, if required for completion of the course
- Any other expense required to complete the course - like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
- While computing loan required, scholarships, fee waiver etc., if any available to the student borrower may be taken into account
Maximum loan amount
- No maximum ceiling if loan amount secured by 100% collateral security.
- Upto Rs. 4 lacs: NIL,
- In India Above Rs. 4 lacs: - 5% ,
- In Abroad Above Rs. 4 lacs: - 15% Margin
- (Scholarship may be included in margin.)
Rate of Interest
|Type of Borrower||Rate of interest|
|Male Students ( India ,Abroad)||REPO+ 5.00= 9.40%|
|Female SC,ST,( India ,Abroad)||REPO+ 4.500= 8.90%|
- 1% interest concession may be provided by the bank during the study period, if interest is serviced during the study period and subsequent moratorium period prior to commencement of repayment.
- Interest is calculated at simple basis during Repayment Holiday / Moratorium Period. Interest will be compounded on monthly rests from due date of first installment.
Payment directly to college / hostel / mess / airlines etc. In appropriate cases disbursement to be made to borrowers subject to satisfactory evidence. Original receipts to be submitted.
- Repayment to commence 12 months after completion of studies or 6 months after securing job whichever is earlier.
- Maximum repayment period upto 10 years for loans upto Rs.7.50 lakh
- Maximum repayment period upto 15 years for loans above Rs.7.50 lakh. Repayment on EMI basis.
|Upto Rs 4 lacs||Parent(s)/guardian to be joint borrower(s). Assignment of future income of the student for payment of loan installments. No security. NCGTC cover is to be taken|
|Above Rs.4 lacs and upto Rs7.5 lakhs||Besides the Parent(s)/guardian executing the documents as joint borrower(s), collateral security in the form of suitable third party guarantee will be taken along with the assignment of future income of the student for payment of installments. NCGTC cover is to be taken|
|Above Rs.7.5 lakhs||Parent(s)/guardian to be joint borrower(s). Tangible collateral security of minimum value equivalent to the loan amount and acceptable to bank, along with the assignment of future income of the student for payment of installments.|
Comprehensive life insurance policy for the student availing Educational Loan equivalent to loan amount, for a minimum period of loan term (i.e., course period + moratorium period + repayment period) should be obtained and assigned in favor of the Bank.
Central sector interest subsidy scheme:
- It need to be noted that while the Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme of MoHRD is based on 'IBA Model Educational Loan Scheme', the subsidy is applicable only for loans given for Professional and Technical courses (after 12th standard) in India.
- It may also be noted that even loans in excess of Rs. 10 lakh qualify for interest subsidy under Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme of MoHRD for loans up to Rs.10 lakh.
Educational Loans to students under Management Quota
- Educational Loans to students under Management Quota are not covered under IBA Model Education Scheme.
- These loans are not eligible for Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme of MoHRD.
- However, Branches can consider educational loans under management quota seats where employment potential is available, subject to the following conditions:
For further details please contact our nearest branch or call on the toll free no. 1800 22 1911