Central Bank of India facilitates the customers with the option to pay the Service Tax and Excise Duty online. This can be availed by all customers of CBS branches of the Bank enjoying Internet Banking facility offered by the Bank. For making the payments online, the customers must be registered with the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) as assesses for either Central Excise or Service Tax.
Using this facility, the customers can make payments at any time of the day. As per the guidelines, all payments received for Excise and Service Tax till 8.00pm IST on all working days shall be treated as payments for the same day. The payments made after the cut-off time will be accounted for the next working day.
Steps for Online Payment of Excise and Service Tax :
- Visit this following website: https://cbec.nsdl.com/EST/InputPageForEPaymentServlet
- Enter 15 digit Assessee code allotted by CBEC. System will automatically display relevant information related to Assessee code.
- Depending on the Assessee code and type, the corresponding major heads along with accounting heads will be displayed.
- Select Minor heads (at Maximum 6 minor heads can be selected at a time) from the link provided.
- Select Central Bank of India from the list and click on Submit followed by Proceed.
- You will be redirected to Central Bank of India’s Internet Banking website.
- Enter the User ID and Password in the login page. After password validation, system will prompt to enter the head-wise amount.
- Provide Transaction Password and Confirm.
- The challan number for the transaction made will be displayed. Take a print-out of the cyber receipt displayed for future records.
- In case on-line tax payment receipt could not be printed immediately, login to the websitewww.centralbank.net.in and click on CBEC E-payments → Duplicate Receipt to print the receipt.
In case of queries / problems related to tax payments, customers may contact the following :
|Queries related to Excise Payment
||Queries related to Service Tax Payment
BO: Chennai Main Office,
Central Bank of India,
Chennai Stock Exchange Building,
No.11, 2nd Line, BEACH,
Chennai – 600 001.
e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: 044-23464276 / 25246072
BO: Church Gate,
Kasturi Building, Opp. Petroleum House,
J. Tata Road, Church Gate,
Mumbai – 400 020.
Contact: 022-22023527 / 22040271